Best Time to Travel to Hatteras Island to Avoid Traffic
Best times to travel to Hatteras Island to avoid the traffic
When Should you travel to Hatteras Island to avoid the traffic?
The Outer Banks is a popular vacation destination, and traffic can get congested, especially on check-in days during the summer months. If you're planning a trip to Hatteras Island and have a Saturday check-in, here are some tips to help you avoid the traffic:
- Leave early. The best way to avoid traffic is to leave early in the morning. If are within a few hours of Hatteras Island, aim to be on the road by 9am or 10am. This will give you plenty of time to get to Hatteras Island before the traffic gets too bad.
- Take a different route. If you're coming from the north, you can avoid the Wright Memorial Bridge by taking US-64 to Edenton, NC. This route is longer, but it's usually less congested.
- Arrive after 6pm. If you can't leave early, try to arrive after 6pm. Traffic usually starts to thin out after this time.
- Be patient. If you do get caught in traffic, try to be patient. It's just part of the experience of visiting the Outer Banks during the summer.
These tips are helpful when visiting all villages on Hatteras Island including Rodanthe, Waves, Salvo, Avon, Buxton, Frisco & Hatteras.
Here are some other tips to help you avoid traffic on your trip to Hatteras Island:
- Check the traffic conditions before you leave. There are a number of websites and apps that can help you check the traffic conditions on your route. This will help you plan your trip accordingly.
- Use a travel app. Travel apps like Google Maps and Waze can help you avoid traffic jams and find alternate routes.
- Pack your patience. Traffic is a fact of life on the Outer Banks, especially during the summer months. So be sure to pack your patience and try to enjoy the ride.
I hope these tips help you avoid the traffic on your trip to Hatteras Island. Have a great vacation!